Important Things to Know About Exterior Wall Panels
Exterior wall panels offer the simplest and most cost effective way to build an energy efficient home. Wall panels are generally flat and cut into a rectangular shape, which covers the walls. They serve both functional and decorative purposes. They offer soundproofing and insulation. They also enhance the visual appeal of the home.
Types of Exterior Wall Panels
Exterior wall panels are available in different materials like metal, wood and plastic.
• Metal wall panels, especially aluminium wall panels have great design flexibility. They are durable and come in attractive designs. They are available in different finishes, including smooth and textures, which make them ideal for cladding.
• Wooden wall panels add to the visual interest of the home.
• Wall panels made of durable PVC offer significant advantages over other materials. They are durable yet lightweight. They are easy to maintain. They save a lot of time and money on installation. They are termite proof, versatile and fire retardant.
Wooden and Wooden Look Wall Panels
Decorative wooden panels enhance the appearance and value of the home. Exterior wall panels are available in maple, mahogany, cherry, oak or any other solid wood. Depending on your budget, you can choose the type of wood for wall panels. If you do not want the hassles and cost of wood, but love the beautiful look of wood, you can consider wall panels made of fibre cement, veneer or vinyl. These panels are perfect for country or cottage style home.
Faux panels are decorative and made of durable materials like metal, leather, laminate and fabric. They have the ability to resist moisture and heat. You can choose faux panels that mimic the look of stone, wood, stucco, brick or any other material. Faux panels looking like stone, porcelain and tile also come with 3D properties and texture to enhance the look of the home.
Acoustic Wall Panels
These exterior wall panels help reduce sounds and echoes that enter into the building. They are made of special noise absorbent fabric. You can find a range of colours and finishes in acoustic wall panels.
Decorative Wall Panels
These wall panels are becoming more popular in Australia. They feature a reflective sheen or stunning finishes like glass, stone, brick or concrete. They also come with elevates details and in beautiful shapes.
Benefits of Exterior Wall Panels
• The wall panels help reduce your maintenance costs.
• They increase the value of your home.
• They are made of durable material, which ensures longevity. They also help increase the lifespan of the building by protecting it from outside elements.
• They enhance the thermal comfort of your home, making it a cosy place to live.
• They increase fire resistance capacity of your walls.
• Exterior wall panels help reduce pollution and the effects of climate change.
• They help prevent condensation on walls.
• They help prevent overheating and thereby help you save on your energy bills.
• They require very little maintenance.